About Your Trip
Uncover the wild side of Australia on this DreamTrip to Melbourne. Your journey begins with a tour of the Yarra Valley and Dandenong, which includes a stop at the picnic grounds at Grants on Sherbrooke to hand-feed magnificent birds. Catch a winding ride through the rain forest on the century-old steam train known as Puffing Billy. Then, enjoy lunch and a delightful winery tour — complete with tastings — at Fergusson Winery.
The 3rd day of your trip includes a full-day tour of Phillip Island and is packed with visits to exceptional places including the scenic Phillip Island Nature Park. You’ll also make an unforgettable stop at the Koala Conservation Centre and the Churchill Island Heritage Farm, which highlights native Australian flora and fauna. You’ll love seeing the Phillip Island Penguin Parade — a truly unique sight as the tiny penguins return to their homes after their long day of fishing. The day concludes with a tasty Aussie barbecue dinner.
The next 2 days are at your leisure to experience the best parts of Australia as you wish. Create your own adventure with a complimentary 24-hour ticket for City Sightseeing Melbourne’s hop-on, hop-off bus tours. Hop on the open-top double-decker bus to see the city’s many highlights and hop off at locales that catch your interest — from Melbourne Zoo and St. Kilda Pier to Fitzroy Gardens and Arts Centre.
What we love:
• Guests are welcome to sit on the side of the Puffing Billy steam train to dangle their feet over the edge and watch lush scenery full of fern gullies and ash trees.
• Located just minutes from your hotel, the 92-story Eureka Tower boasts the highest public view in the southern hemisphere.
• The Phillip Island Penguin Parade is the world’s only commercial venue where you can see penguins in their natural habitat.
Your DreamTrip includes 6 days and 5 nights in Melbourne, Australia, as well as:
• Full-day tour of Yarra Valley and Dandenong; includes English-speaking guide, wine tasting and transportation.
• Full-day tour of Phillip Island; includes English-speaking guide and transportation.
• Complimentary 1-day hop-on, hop-off pass from City Sightseeing Melbourne.
• 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• Gratuities for housekeeping and porterage at the hotel.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Melbourne Airport (MEL), approximately 14 miles (23 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Named after the famous bridge in Venice, Italy, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto was established in 1891 in Melbourne’s central business district. In close proximity is iconic Flinders Lane, filled with restaurants, and Collins Street, known for excellent examples of traditional Melbourne-inspired architecture. After a busy day, guests can relax at Market Lane Bar during classic high tea.
• 2 restaurants and 2 bars.
• Indoor pool.
• Botanica Day Spa and fitness center.
• 10-story glass-topped atrium
• Rooftop garden with herb plants and fruit trees.
• Self-parking: 55 Australian dollars per day.
Deluxe Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 single beds. No extra bed available. Please note: Guests who require triple occupancy (including 1 adult with 2 children or 2 adults with 1 child) will be placed in a room with 2 double beds.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Walk-in shower.
• Complimentary bathrobe and slippers to use during your stay.
• Flat-screen television with cable access.
• Standard guest-room refrigerator.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto
495 Collins Street
Melbourne 3000, Australia
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.